Thursday, February 11, 2010

More snow!

Well, we've had yet another snow day from work.  I don't think I ever had a snow day at NYU, and now I've had two in the past week!  It's a pretty nice feeling to have a day off.  I slept most of the day, which was lovely...but by the evening, it was time to do something.  I grabbed my camera and hit the snowy streets of York, PA.

I won't post all the pictures here, but check out my Flickr (here) for 20 or so shots from various parts of York PA.  Really, "parts" is incorrect...I didn't get much further than about 2 blocks from the hotel.  It was cold!  25º!

After finally coming in from the cold, I hit the hotel bar where Squeege, the other audio guy, and Jonathan, our head carpenter, had brought a Wii and were playing Rock Band.  Apparently OffCenter, the hotel bar, was basically the only place open in York, as the place became fairly busy later on.  Most of the cast came in for dinner, most of the crew was there drinking, and there were a large number of locals as well.

Work has been going well in the past few days.  It's definitely different being the engineer instead of the assistant/associate.  A lot of very boring down-time with sporadic moments of stress and work when it's time to actually mix a section.

OK, getting late.  Nose back to the grindstone in the AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment